Slow Cooker Coffee Cake is one of my favorite Christmas Morning Traditions, but you don’t have to wait until Christmas to have it. It’s the perfect breakfast for any lazy Saturday or Sunday.
If you are surprised that you can make cakes in the slow cooker, I am here to tell you, they are amazing—light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious. There are so many recipes that I have wanted to try. This is my mother’s recipe, and I made a few tweaks, and voila, you have a great piece of coffee cake.
So, if you were looking for something special and easy to prepare for Christmas morning, this is my first choice.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Coffee Cake
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Slow Cooker Coffee Cake
Mix the flour, oil, brown sugar, and salt mix well in a large mixing bowl. Add the baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, eggs, and milk. Mix well.
Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray, and then pour the batter into the greased crockpot. Scatter the walnuts over the top of the batter.
Slow cook at high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. Just place a toothpick in the center, and when it comes out clean, it’s done.
Some Pro Tips:
- Since every slow cooker is slightly different, it’s best to check on the Slow Cooker Coffee Cake, frequently during the cooking process.
- Make sure to spray your inner crockpot liner, so the coffee cake does not stick.
- I often use slow cooker liners, to help remove the bread, and other baked goods, that I produce in my slow cooker.
- For best results, check the coffee cake, by placing a toothpick into the center of the coffee cake, when it comes out clean, the coffee cake is fully cooked.
How To Store Coffee Cake:
The most important thing to remember when you store leftover coffee cake is to really make sure that it’s covered properly. Otherwise, the coffee cake will dry out.
Ensure that it’s tightly wrapped, so no air can get into it, and dry it out. I usually wrap it a few times with saran wrap and then cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
The coffee cake will stay fresh at room temperature for about 3 to 4 days.
How To Freeze Coffee Cake:
This makes a great make-ahead breakfast recipe that I often freeze. To freeze, cut the coffee cake into pieces, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and then wrap it a couple of times with aluminum foil.
To thaw, place at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. You can reheat in the microwave, air fryer, or stove.
The frozen Slow Cooker Coffee Cake will last for about 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Some Other Great Breakfast Recipes
- AIR FRYER GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- HOW TO MAKE TRADER JOE’S FROZEN FRENCH TOAST IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER VEGGIE AND EGG BITE CUPS (KETO AND LOW-CARB)
- EASY AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY PANCAKE MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER BANTAM BAGELS
Slow Cooker Coffee Cake
- 3 Qt. Round Slow Cooker
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, oil, brown sugar, and salt mix well.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, eggs, and milk.
- Mix well.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray, and then pour the batter into the greased crockpot.
- Scatter the walnuts over the top of the batter.
- Slow cook at high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. Just place a toothpick in the center, and when it comes out clean, it’s done.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!