Slow Cooker Pot Roast is amazing! This makes such a comforting fall or winter meal, and best of all, you don’t even need to be around when it’s cooking! So, place everything in the crockpot or slow cooker, and come back to a delicious and filling meal!
Everyone I knew growing up would have a great Sunday Dinner! Now that my kids are older, and we are pulled in a hundred different directions, I pulled out my slow cooker, and of course, I made my mother’s roast beef.
This is one of life’s best comfort food, made with rich and tender meat, served with potatoes and carrots. What can be better?
If you are looking for some other easy meals, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER STEAK FAJITAS, NINJA FOODI, OR INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI SQUASH, AIR FRYER CHINESE SPARE RIBS or AIR FRYER, ARTICHOKE CHICKEN RECIPE.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
This is one of those meals, that I hve been making, ever since I got married, 20 plus years ago. It’s so easy, and it’s really delcious.
So, if you are looking for a great family meal or a meal that you can eat the leftovers for days, this is a great one.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Olive Oil
- Chuck Roast
- Red Potatoes
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Seasonings, Salt, Peper, Thyme, Rosemary
How To Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Use paper towels to dry your roast, and then season it with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, mix the beef broth, onion dry soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, Worchestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary.
Add the olive oil to the bottom of your slow cooker. Add your meat. Pour the soup mixture on top, along with the carrots and potatoes.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
Can I use a Different Cut of Meat?
For this slow cooker pot roast recipe, I used a chuck roast. The other roasts will get tough, during slow cooking.
Other great options I have used are Sirloin Tip.
Can I Use Baby Carrots in Pot Roast?
Yes, I have made this recipe several times by using baby carrots. I do try actually to cup them in half, so they are bite-sized pieces for serving.
But use any carrot that you have on hand. Just make them into 1-inch pieces. For each serving.
Can I Add Wine?
My mother would add about 1/2 cup of Italian red wine to this pot roast recipe and replace the beef broth with the wine.
What Should I Serve with Crock Pot Roast?
Traditionally, this is served with a big platter of Mashed Potatoes, but you can easily make a garden salad to serve with this.
But, it is really a full meal, all by itself. Which makes dinner a breeze!
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tesapoon dried or fresh thyme
- 1 tesapoon dried or fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds red potoates diced
- 5 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package Lipton Soup Mix onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Use paper towels to dry your roast, and then season it with salt and black pepper. In a small bowl, mix the beef broth, onion dry soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, Worchestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary.
- Add the olive oil to the bottom of your slow cooker. Add your meat. Pour the soup mixture on top, along with the carrots and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!